Do you know if using the services of a registered BAS Agent (limited to BAS declarations) or a Tax Agent (for all tax declarations) your business can benefit of an extra 4 weeks extension for lodgment and payment?
How to lodge your activity statement:
1- On paper by mail
2- Online with Business Portal
3- Through a registered Tax Agent or BAS Agent
How to lodge?
BAS datelines for lodgement and payment:
1- If Business lodgement by mail:
Due date on the 28th following the end of each quarter except* an extra 4 weeks granted for summer holidays
- Quarter 1 1st July to 30th September ==> due date 28th October
- Quarter 2 1st October to 31st December ==> due date 28th February
- Quarter 3 1st January to 31st March ==> due date 28th April
- Quarter 4 1st April to 30th June ==> due date 28th July
2- If Business electronic lodgement by ECI or SBR with Auskey:
ATO Terms & Conditions for 2 weeks deferral offer for quarter 1-3 and 4 (quarter two already benefit of general exception)
Terms & Conditions
3- If Professional lodgment on your behalf and your provider is lodging by its Portal
“A person, partnership or company is not entitled to charge a fee for preparing an income tax return or transacting business on behalf of a taxpayer in taxation matters unless they are registered as a tax agent or BAS Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board.”
Since the 1st march 2010, you can check the registration of your provider online.
ATO concessions of an extra 4 weeks for registered Agents
- Quarter 1 1st July to 30th September ==> due date 25th November
- Quarter 2 1st October to 31st December ==> due date 28th February*
- Quarter 3 1st January to 31st March ==> due date 25th May
- Quarter 4 1st April to 30th June ==> due date 25th August
Bilateral Solutions Pty Ltd is a registered Tax Agent as well as Ms Martine Joly.