Australian Director ID application – Have you missed the original deadline?
The application period has been extended at the last minute to 14 December 2022 (News in the National Press)
You still have 2 options to avoid heavy penalties if you haven’t applied yet:
- Urgently fill in your application online and submit it by 14 Dec.
- If you cannot apply on time AND fit into the specific circumstances criteria, perhaps you can request an extension, by filling in the online form and sending it per email
It is a criminal offence if Australian directors do not apply on time for their Director ID, and penalties may apply.
What are the Director ID offences and penalties?
ASIC is responsible for enforcing director ID offences set out in the Corporations Act 2001.
Offence Legislative Maximum penalties
. Section for individuals
Failure to have a director ID s1272C $13,200 (criminal);
when required to do so $1,100,000 (civil)
Failure to apply for a director ID s1272D $13,200 (criminal);
when directed by the Registrar $1,100,000 (civil)
Full details available on Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) website on what are are the director ID offences and penalties.
Read our previous articles for more information on DIRECTOR ID application process:
- Already have your Director ID? Apply Now to ABRS!
- How to apply to Director ID from Overseas. Paper application outside Australia
- REMINDER! Have you applied already for your Director ID?
or visit ABRS website for full details.